Friday 5 October 2012

October romance

Moondance
Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance 
With the stars up above in your eyes 
A fantabulous night to make romance 
Neath the cover of October skies 
And all the leaves on the trees are falling 
To the sound of the breezes that blow 
And I'm trying to please to the calling 
Of your heart-strings that play soft and low 
And all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush 
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush 

Can I just have one a more moondance with you, my love 
Can I just make some more romance with a-you, my love 

Well, I wanna make love to you tonight 
I can't wait 'til the morning has come 
And I know that the time is just right 
And straight into my arms you will run 
And when you come my heart will be waiting 
To make sure that you're never alone 
There and then all my dreams will come true, dear 
There and then I will make you my own 
And every time I touch you, you just tremble inside 
And I know how much you want me that you can't hide 

One more moondance with you in the moonlight 
On a magic night 
La, la, la, la in the moonlight 
On a magic night 
Can't I just have one more dance with you my love

*Moondance, Van Morrison

This is a little song my Papa used to play all the time and we'd dance sillily around our living room. I played it today for the first time in a long time and thought about how suited it was to here and now with the changing of the seasons. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely memory. I'll have to play that song tomorrow and relive it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and liked!

    ReplyDelete